1053 Ardmore Road, Baldwin, NY 11510 · (917) 858-3100 · firstname.lastname@example.org · mtilusportfolio.wordpress.com
SUNY College at Old Westbury
Old Westbury, New York
Media and Communications Major
GPA: 3.7, Dean’s List for Fall 2011 Semester, Spring 2012 Semester
Chaffey College of California
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Associate in Liberal Arts and Science
Graduated May 26, 2011
Legend Nissan of Syosset
Business Development Coordinator
- Manage all service and potential sales activities generated from inbound and outbound calls.
- Outbound calling of customer database to schedule appointments for walk-in appointments, internet inquiries, special promotions and events.
- Participate in next day follow-up and confirmation calls for service appointments.
- Update client files and information with the use of Reynolds & Reynolds Sales Management online application.
- Contact customers with the use of template emails according to predetermined outline.
- Create and maintain excellent customer relations with existing and potential clients.
- Monitor presence as well as the promotion of special offers and events on social media accounts.
- Brainstorm ways to improve efficiency and department production.
The Thomas Collective
Public Relations Intern
December 2011 –May 2012
- Assisted in preparing, proofing and editing drafts of press releases, pitches, presentations and highlight sheets for clients.
- Composed, typed, proofread, distributed and copied essential materials such as memos, newsletters, meeting agendas/notes, reports and documents as required.
- Collected, distributed and logged press clippings and editorial credits.
- Coordinated press kits and sample package shipments for bloggers, wine critics and other clients.
- Monitored media to report coverage of wines and spirits and related programs to create and disseminate weekly reports.
- Participated in weekly marketing strategy meetings as well as brainstorming sessions.
- Assisted in maintaining and updating of media lists through Cisionpoint online application.
- Maintained clients’ social media presence through the use of Twitter/Facebook/etc.
- Supported account executives/publicists/event design team, served as secondary or tertiary backup as needed.
- Organized specific public relations tasks for special events under guidance of direct supervisor.
Long Island Broadcasting Inc.
September 2011 – January 2012
- Brainstormed creative promotional ideas for on-air media display and live contesting.
- Assisted in managing, maintaining and coordinating media lists and database records.
- Updated media lists and contacts on media management software.
- Interacted directly with consumers during live promotions, increased awareness and user interest.
- Conceptualized targeted ideas which would appeal to target demographics.
- Execute chiefly promotional ideas from conception to execution.
Program Independent Leader
August 2010 – August 2011
- Directly represented ThinkTogether as the source for trusting parents seeking to enrich their child’s lives academically, socially and physically.
- Met one on one with parents, educating them as to ThinkTogether’s programs, including educational and physical benefits, not only to parents but also to enrolled students.
- Worked individually with students, assisted them with academic materials.
- Educated students as to current schooling curricula, ensuring they are up to state and school standards.
- Went over homework assignments one on one with students.
- Executed physical activities for students, garnering excitement amongst children and parents alike.
- Spent time working directly with students and established rapport with parents regarding their child’s progress
Banfield, the Pet Hospital of Fontana
Marketing Associate / Client Relations Representative
February 2010 – August 2010
- Directly marketed Optimum Wellness Plans to new and incoming customers as well as informing them of benefits of the program.
- Custom created pet care plans for each family and each pet, depending on specific needs
- Spearheaded problem solving techniques.
- Created organization program to effectively identity and organize individual pet care information plans.
- Prepared direct invoices, dispensing prescription items as per the veterinarian’s instructions
- Balanced accounts payable with account receivables.
- Maintained direct contact with open accounts, utilizing proper procedures.
- Ensured closed accounts were shut down both safely and securely, ensuring user information was securely disposed of
City of Fontana, California – After School Program
Community Relations Chief Assistant
July 2008 – November 2009
- Worked directly with City of Fontana’s students, providing oversight and academic tutoring in all academic areas, including but not limited to Mathematics, History, Social Science, Science, language arts and computer training.
- Attended regular training meetings and staff seminars to stay abreast of best practices and educational techniques.
Retail Relations Associate
October 2007 – February 2008
- Created effective in-store displays, ensuring clothing and accessory items were arranged in attractive, interesting, thought provoking ways.
- This guaranteed:
- Direct consumer interactions with products, allowing for a hands-on education of direct product benefits.
- Increased product display, cutting through advertisement overload.
- Helped renovating the location, adding to appeal of the venue to prospective clients seeking to lease space.
- Directly helped to increase sales of products.
- Oversaw and directly handled monetary intake/outtake of major retail location for one of America’s largest department store retailers.
- Worked one on one with consumers, educating them of product information, attracted sale options and current in store events and promotions.
- Assisted customers in locating and up-selling merchandise through company website, processing online orders and accepting customer credit card applications
Abercrombie & Fitch
Corporate Brand Representative
August 2006 – October 2007
- Interacted directly with consumers, educating them of Abercrombie in-store and online promotions.
- Directed customer traffic to website, allowing them to see greater inventory and further increasing interest in product.
- Evaluated and solved extensive customer problems, ensuring both customers and staff members that their needs were met and they were satisfied with corrective action taken.
- Maintained an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
Extensive Psychology coursework · Principles of Marketing · Business Management · Strong written and verbal communications skills · Economic (educational) training · Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Access · Final Cut Pro · InDesign · Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Blogspot, WordPress)
Will be furnished upon request